Ivy was born July 23rd. As our great friend, Heidi H. put it, we've moved from man-to-man to zone defense with 3 kids. We've had a great first week with Ivy, especially watching Elle and Seb gushing over their new little sister.




After lessons, Elle would say, "Let's go relax first (in the hammock)," before heading home. It was nice to lay there together and talk about Ivy on her way.
Elle and Amber got a pedicure and manicure before going to the hospital. They let Seb sit next to Elle and soak his feel. Elle is already asking when she gets to go again.





Todd Cohen, grad school friend and administrator at the hospital. Arranged a room on the other side of the hospital for Amber since the other rooms could hear the night construction going on. And, he ordered pizza for everyone (but Amber, who was still on an ice-only diet).
Mary Finnigan. Ivy cried when Mary held her. We explained to Ivy that in our house, we treat Mary better than that, especially when she brings us chocolate from Switzerland.
Our favorite nurse, Anna. She hugged Amber in the OR for the part when she had to be in there alone. Won't ever forget her.
Even up until the hospital, we hadn't decided between the name Ivy, Anna or June. Finally, it was Ivy, but the nurses and Amber played a joke on Gabe and filled out the form (a spare form) as Anna June Spencer. Gabe totally fell for it- great gag! When we got home and looked closer at all of our discharge papers, half of them actually said Anna Spencer (the foot print paper and other documents) and the other half of them said Ivy Spencer!












Visit from Emily Krikorian and Lily and Katherine- from New York. Elle and Lily are the same age and Katherine and Seb are 3 months apart. Emily and I walked almost every day together in Port. Miss having her as an around-the-corner friend! PS- Elle dressed herself that day.



















Dinner at the Jarboe's. Steve is a FABULOUS cook- his dream is to quit his day job and open a restaurant. Never turn down a dinner invite to the Jarboe's house.





Summer swimming lessons at the Bowlers. It was so humid the camera lens never cleared up for un-fogged pictures. It was 107 degrees that day.





Sebby said he didn't want cake and ice cream. Just candy. So, there you have it. A bowl full of skittles. Happy Birthday.



































13 comments:
Ivy is darling. Congrats!!! Looks like you have had a fun summer so far.
Wow, lots of fun pics. Congratulations on welcoming Ivy home healthy and happy. We are ecstatic for you. Know that it never gets any more chaotic than it does when you have three. (At least that has been our experience.)
(I love the pic of you and Ellie. That's one to frame!)
Awesome pictures! I miss having you guys around so much. Maybe you'll come back? : )
Congrats!! Ivy is so adorable!! Love all the pics. You guys do so many fun things.
You guys have definitely been busy! Love the pics. Let me know the next time you head to the zoo and I'll meet you there!
Ivy looks just like you Amber! So beautiful! I can't believe how big those adorable kids are getting! Sebby is so handsom and Elle is just as beautiful as ever! What a great post :) Thanks for keeping us upadated! I love all the fun memories you and Gabe create for your family! Best parents ever :)
Love, Amber G
Ivy looks just like you Amber! So beautiful! I can't believe how big those adorable kids are getting! Sebby is so handsom and Elle is just as beautiful as ever! What a great post :) Thanks for keeping us upadated! I love all the fun memories you and Gabe create for your family! Best parents ever :)
Love, Amber G
Congrats Amber! I'm glad I stopped by to stalk your blog! Little Ivy is beautiful...she looks so much like you! Jami told me you had another baby!! adorable kids!! Tell Gabe hello!!!
What can I even say? I have a grin ear-to-ear looking at these sweet faces. Seb Elle and Ivy are just too sweet. Lots of love from Nibley.
So much to catch up on. Loved all the pictures of Ivy and the kids. You look great Amber. Lots of love. Saw your sister-in-law today at the Farmer's Market in Logan. (The one that was at the American Heritage Center with us.) Told her to say hello to you. She looks so much like her mom.
Love you 5!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations Amber, Gabe, Elle, and Sebastian! Ivy is beautiful and Kayson and I are so happy for you!
I loved seeing all the smiling faces! And your new little one is so beautiful, congrats!
Huge congrats on Ivy's birth.
It looks like you guys are super busy and having lots of fun.
a bientot.
Post a Comment