New York Trip
A day trip to NY with some women in the ward. I missed living there.

In line to see Santa at Macy's.
Ninon McGinn, Laurie Scheiber, Betty Allen, Karen Folkman, Ann Bowler, me.
We ate at my favorite panini deli for dinner.

I was dying for some roasted nuts. Nobody was at the stand selling them but I went up anyway to see what kinds they had. The vendor ran over and I pretended to sell him some. He gave me a free bag for the perfect impersonation of him.

Rockefeller Center
Pics of Elle and Seb, and FriendsSeb getting a back rub, Gina Ashby style.

Trip to the fire station to see the train display.

Playdate with Sadie. Peeling carrots for a snack.

Playdate with the triplet boys. Elle's in love with Ethan.

Decorating Valentines cookies at the Olsens.




Kylie. 2 days old.
We had Kylie's older brother, Scott, over for a day and night while his mom was in the hospital. Elle and Scott slept together on the toddler blow up mattress. They were nose to nose all night long. I was sad to not have gotten a picture of them cuddling.

Candid shot. Not kidding.

Before the ward sockhop. Definitely one of the best activities we've been to. Seb was staring at an older girl (as in 4 years old) during a slow song. He walked up to her and put his arm around her waist and laid his head on her shoulder to dance with her. She ran away.

Trip to Port Discovery in Baltimore with the Sellers and the Jarboes.



Dinner at the Levingers in Silver Spring. (Livia went to college in NY with Uncle Geoff)

Gabe, Elle, Seb, David, Livia, Isaac, Xandra, Matthew.

Ran into some old USU music friends singing Christmas duets at the DC Temple Visitor's Center. Small world.

That same night we ran into Carol Hardman, a friend from New York! Really small world.

Sebby's speech pathologist, Maureen. He's done with the sessions now. Way to go, Sebby!
But, sad to not see Maureen so much. E and S loved it when she came.
Winter PicsBlizzard of '09. 3 feet.



This pile of snow was our main entertainment for a month.

A visit from Grandma for Christmas.
The best part were the fresh pine nuts from Brigham City she brought us.

Favorite Christmas present.

Dinner with Aunt Jan and Uncle Jay. Visiting from Virginia.


Old army exercises. E and S love it.

Seb wore these goggles and played the recorder for some reason for a whole day!

Blizzard of 2010! More than 3 feet in 1 day. Made us miss home.


Mary Ellen, a neighbor. She invited E and S for a 'PJ Show'. PJ is her cat. He does tricks. They had an official show time (lasting 5 minutes) and refreshments afterward. We love her.


Our great backyard.





Roasting marshmallows in the fireplace.

Shoveling over 3 feet took all day. Everyone had to carry a whole driveway full of snow, one shovelful at a time, to the middle of the street. No throwing it over their shoulder, into the next person's parking spot.

Gabe's Spring BreakIt's a girl! Elle has said it was a girl and called her Ivy since I told her I was pregnant. Seb calls her Annie. Now Sebby says Mary. We'll see!

A great playground near BWI Airport. An airplane observation point.

Bowling. Elle scored better than either of us ever have.

Elle, drying her hair, instead of her hands, between each bowl.

GW rowing team we watched on the Potomac on our way into the city.

National Kite Flying Day! At the Washington Monument. Kicked off the Cherry Blossom Festival. By far the funnest day we've ever had in DC. Plan your next visit around this day!

Kite-making booths.

Staked-down kite. E and S played here for an hour!



Tangled in the kite string. So funny to watch her try and get out of it.

We brought our own kite but they mostly wanted to fly the ones they had just made.

Seb's thumb got stuck in Elle's kite string.



The announcer told us about the FAA 5-5-5 rule. If your kite is more than 5 lbs, flying higher than 500 feet and within five miles of an airport, you needed FAA approval. The Washington Monument is just over 500 feet. Our kite didn't have a problem with any of those rules.

Seb almost died when he saw a giant soccer ball kite.

Overlooking the lawn of the Washington Monument.

We were across from the White House.

And down from the Lincoln Memorial.
10 comments:
Gosh, these kids are TOOOO cute! Love them!
What amazing memories! Your family is just precious.
How fun! Congrats on your pregnancy too. How exciting. :)
A: I love your kids and am saving my pennies to bring their cousins for a visit. B: Your kids crack me up (ie: the chocolate syrup). C:I'm glad you got to enjoy the snowstorm. D: I miss you all so much!
so crazy to see you go from a nasty, insane snowstorm and then to flying kites on the memorial! i love the east coast. your kids are absolutely adorable. i'm excited for you and expecting a little girl. congrats!! xo.
Great pictures and great updates. The goggles is the best!! I love Seb. He is great.
i love your updates!! i love your adventures, seeing your adorable kids, checking out what fun things you've done (and putting them on my "to do" list. :) ) i love your version of the storm of 09 and 10 - and comparing them to ours. :) it made us miss home too. ah ... so good to play "catch up" with you and your fam.
ps-congrats on little miss baby girl to come! :)
great post and so fun to see what the Spencer family has been up to. Congrats on the little girl, i was very curious to see what would be coming next for you guys. Everyone thinks I'm having a boy, so we will see...hopefully this week! Hope you are feeling well and next time put some cute belly pics up here :)
I want to come and play next time this festival comes again.
I hope all is well with you, Amber.
I see you were in town and didn't call me, how sad!!!!!!!! lol
I love you blog, so much fun in your home and your lives, that is great! Miss you! Lourdes
Everything looks so much fun, I really want to go to DC sometime soon! Congratulations on your pregnancy.
Post a Comment